by clicking the link below to download the Fire Authority’s plan.
- The plans will see Windsor Fire Station close and Fire Crew redeployed to the new 24 hour Fire Station at Wokingham.
- A new mini fire engine for Windsor will be based in Slough (2), but forward deployed to Windsor most of the time where it will park up at a base provided by the Council (1)(2).
- The new mini fire engine will be available 24 hours a day, but will have to return to Slough to change crews and fuel (2) and will be crewed by Slough Fire Fighters.
- At particular times of the year (for example when there is heavy snow or forest fire risk) the mini fire engine will be deployed away from the town. (6)
- Local Fire Fighters have questioned the value of the proposed mini fire engine, claiming it will not be able to undertake internal fire fighting due to its small crew. (5)
- Berkshire FBU (Fire Brigades Union) have criticised the Fire Authority’s level of secretiveness. (7)
Click here to download the Fire Authority Consultation Document which covers all the changes in Berkshire and turn to page 21 to read about Windsor.
To submit your opinions it is necessary to send them in writing by 3rd of January at the latest, to the Fire Authority at the address below:
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service
FREEPOST (RG2 669)
103 Dee Road
(No stamp is required)
- RBWM Press Release dated 29/09/11
- RBFRS Press Release dated 29/09/11
- Royal Borough Observer 28/09/11
- Windsor Express 29/09/11
- Save Windsor Fire Station (Windsor FBU)
- Fire Authority IRMP Action Plan 2012/13 Consultation Document
- Royal Berkshire FBU Press Release 22/09/11